Your Official “Cheat-Sheat” For Winning the Third Annual Wally Hotvedt College Football Bowling Challenge
When you join pools like this on some of those other so-called sports sites run by communists, you’re entering completely blind. That’s because those other challenges try to pretend they aren’t a bunch of commie pinkos. That’s not the case with the Wally Hotvedt College Football Bowling challenge. We don’t really know what Wally is because frankly we haven’t heard from him in a while.
On the other hand, J-Dub is no communist. He may be a degenerate gambler and borderline alcoholic, but’s he’s got the guts to put his pick for this challenge right out front. Think about that. This challenge is about beating a guy who fancies himself a pre-eminent college football gambler, and he’s telling you up front who he’s got. Considering the guy lost half his bankroll in this year’s J-Dub Gambling Challenge, beating this hump shouldn’t be that hard.
The only thing easier than beating J-Dub at his self-professed game is joining the Wally Hotvedt College Football Bowling Challenge. All you have to do is follow this link, use the pool ID 142201 and password letsbowl, pick your college bowl game winners, and if you can out-pick J-Dub, we won’t tell Wally he can live in your basement.
For purposes of clarity, just like the J-Dub Gambling Challenge, this is a “pick against the spread” pool, which means:
» All games are picked against half-point spreads
» 1 point for each correct pick
» How it works:
- Picking against the spread is where you try to determine which team will cover the spread; not necessarily which team will win.
- While certain teams will win their game, they will not “cover the spread”, and thus if the team is selected it will count as a loss.
- The home team is favored by 16.5 points (-16.5)
- The home team beats their opponent by 8 points (31 to 23), but, the home team’s spread was (-16.5), so, when picking against the spread, the home team’s score was 14.5 (31 minus 16.5), which is less than their opponent’s score of 23.
- This means anyone who picked the home team to win by 16.5 points or more was incorrect, since they only won by 8 points
Sign up today, and maybe you can get the opportunity to tell J-Dub he’s the Wally Hotvedt of college football wagering. J-Dub’s picks in bold.
- Celebration Bowl, Atlanta, GA: Grambling State at N. Carolina A&T (-0.5)
- New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, LA: Troy (-6.5) at North Texas
- Cure Bowl, Orlando, FL: Western Kentucky (-6.5) at Georgia State
- Las Vegas Bowl, Las Vegas, NV: #25 Boise State at Oregon (-7.5)
- New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque, NM: Marshall at Colorado State (-5.5 )
- Camellia Bowl, Montgomery, AL: Middle Tennessee State at Arkansas State (-3.5 )
- Boca Raton Bowl, Boca Raton, FL: Akron at Florida Atlantic (-22.5)
- Frisco Bowl, Frisco, TX: Louisiana Tech at Southern Methodist (-5.5)
- Gasparilla Bowl, St. Petersburg, FL: Temple (-7.5) at Florida International
- Bahamas Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas: Alabama-Birmingham at Ohio (-7.5)
- Idaho Potato Bowl, Boise, ID: Central Michigan at Wyoming (-1.5)
- Birmingham Bowl, Birmingham, AL: Texas Tech at South Florida (-2.5)
- Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth, TX: San Diego State (-7.5) at Army
- Dollar General Bowl, Mobile, AL: Appalachian State at Toledo (-7.5)
- Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, HI: Fresno State at Houston (-2.5)
- Dallas Bowl, Dallas, TX: Utah (-7.5) at West Virginia
- Quick Lane Bowl, Detroit, MI: Duke (-4.5) at Northern Illinois
- Cactus Bowl, Phoenix, AZ: Kansas State (-2.5) at UCLA
- Independence Bowl, Shreveport, LA: Southern Mississippi at Florida State (-15.5)
- Pinstripe Bowl, New York, NY: Iowa (-3.5) at Boston College
- Foster Farms Bowl, Santa Clara, CA: Arizona (-3.5) at Purdue
- Texas Bowl, Houston, TX: Texas at Missouri (-3.5)
- Military Bowl, Annapolis, MD: Virginia (-1.5) at Navy
- Camping World Bowl, Orlando, FL: #22 Virginia Tech at #19 Oklahoma State (-5.5)
- Alamo Bowl, San Antonio, TX: #13 Stanford at #15 Texas Christian (-2.5)
- Holiday Bowl, San Diego, CA: #18 Washington State (-3.5) at #16 Michigan State
- Belk Bowl, Charlotte, NC: Wake Forest (-3.5) at Texas A&M
- Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX: #24 North Carolina State (-6.5) at Arizona State
- Music City Bowl, Nashville, TN: Kentucky at #21 Northwestern (-7.5)
- Arizona Bowl, Tucson, AZ: Utah State (-4.5) at New Mexico State
- Cotton Bowl Classic: Arlington, TX: #8 Southern California at #5 Ohio State (-7.5)
- TaxSlayer Bowl, Jacksonville, FL: Louisville (-6.5) at #23 Mississippi State
- Liberty Bowl, Memphis, TN: Iowa State at #20 Memphis (-3.5)
- Fiesta Bowl, Glendale, AZ: #11 Washington at #9 Penn State (-2.5)
- Orange Bowl, Miami, FL: #6 Wisconsin (-6.5) at #10 Miami FL
- Outback Bowl, Tampa, FL: Michigan (-7.5) at South Carolina
- Peach Bowl, Atlanta, GA: #12 Central Florida at #7 Auburn (-9.5)
- Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL: #14 Notre Dame at #17 LSU (-3.5)
- CFP Semi-Final at Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA: #3 Georgia (-2.5) at #2 Oklahoma
- CFP Semi-Final at Sugar Bowl, New Orleans, LA: #4 Alabama (-2.5) at #1 Clemson (1)
- CFP National Championship, Atlanta, GA – To Be Determined
There will be an update once we know who will be in the championship game. After all, since J-Dub dropped close to $2,500 on the J-Dub Gambling Challenge, you really don’t want to just “take his word for it.”
Besides, if you were going to do that, you wouldn’t be here taking this bowl challenge. You’re here to tell J-Dub he’s an even bigger loser than Wally Hotvedt.
E mail the most interesting independent sports blog on the web at email@example.com, and follow us @Dubsism on Twitter, or on our Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook pages.