Dr. Brackett’s College Basketball Bracket Challenge Is Here to Give You a March Madness EMERGENCY!
If you are my age, you remember “Emergency!” – the Jack Webb-produced homage to firefighters and paramedics. This was my favorite show when I was seven years old, and it made me want to be a firefighter, until I realized they are basically mailmen who get to drive a way cooler truck and have to deal with occasionally being broiled like a Whopper.
But the real boss-man of that show was the irascible Dr. Kelly Brackett, the”head mo-fo in charge” at Rampart General Hospital, Not only has he dedicated himself to saving lives, but he has signed on here at Dubsism to sponsor America’s only medically-sanctioned college basketball bracket challenge. Not to mention, after the field is selected, we will share some American Medical Association approved advice from Dr. Brackett, the Bracket Doctor himself.
To get in on the Dubsism-Dr. Brackett Bracket Challenge, simply click here, enter your email address, and enter a screen name to be seen by the other participants. After the field is determined on Sunday, you have until Thursday, March 19, 2015, at Noon Eastern (US) Time to make your picks.
The basics work like this:
- The bracket will be updated with teams following selection announcements on Sunday 3/15.
- The (4) play-in games on Tuesday and Wednesday are byes – no predictions required. Predictions are required only for the (63) games beginning Thursday, 3/19.
- Play-in game teams will initially be displayed together as 1-selection, until the winner is determined, at which time the losing team will be removed.
- This is a “progressive pick ’em” bracket, meaning for each successive round, more points are awarded:1 point for each first-round win, 2 points for each second round win, etc….
- Tie Breaker for the overall tournament is total points in championship game (this cannot be set after deadline to enter your picks.)
- Tie Breakers for each individual round are calculated as follows.
If multiple players are tied for the highest points for any given week (or for the championship game in tournament type pools), the player with the closest tie breaker prediction, regardless if they are over or under, to the actual tie breaker value is the winner. If multiple players are still tied, then the player who entered their tie breaker value first* wins.* = The player with the earliest date/time-stamp for entering their picks. Please note that the date/timestamp is updated everytime a player’s picks and/or tie breaker are edited.
Get your picks in and see how you stack up. Maybe even the guys from @EmergencySta51 will join.